The IVG-IR can be added to any existing irrigation system in the greenhouse including hydroponics.
The system has been tested in three different configurations.
- Only using the IVG-IR without any nutrients or fertilizers used
- Using the IVG to fill up a tank (4000L), mix the nutrients in this tank and pump the water to the crop, in soil or drip irrigation
- Same amount of nutrients for both the control site and the IVG site
- In other tests less nutrients & water have been used and achieved the same yield as before
- Using the IVG inline in drip irrigation:
- City water or Reverse Osmosis water thru the IVG-IR
- After the IVG-IR, inject nutrients
- Watering the plants (drip irrigation)
- Exceeded water collected underneath the plants, transported back to a holding tank and re-used back in to the crop
The crop that was treated with IVG-IR water showed in general better results than the reference (control) crop with regard to all parameters tested: Plant growth was slightly faster, viability of the plants was much higher, total yield higher, rejects reduced, mass and weight of the roots was slightly better and improved shelf life.